Thursday, August 31, 2006

Yes, I'm a Slizzard

I took a mental health day yesterday. One of those days when I woke up and said "Shitfuck, I can't function." Anyway, I slept late (gasp! 11:00!) and lounged around.

Last night Michael and I were going to ride at Hardin Ridge in Hoosier National Forest. Despite its claim to be easy, I wasn't doing very well. As I've mentioned, I'm not particularly in biking-up-big-hills shape. Michael got a little frustrated because he said I wasn't trying. For me, that's like saying to someone who has carved a turkey at Thanksgiving dinner, "Here, perform surgery on this patient. What, you're scared? Gosh! You won't even try?!"

Anyway, he went on without me and that was fine with me. It was at a pretty spot near the lake but from what I understand the trail itself wasn't that impressive.

Today is my first day of class. New school, new field, new campus. And I'm goofing around online. Same bad habits. Anyway, at the orientation for the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS, and its students are called *sigh* Slizzards), the dean said:

"Indiana University has the 13th largest university library in the nation. That might not turn you on, but it should."

Oh, and the assistant dean is a woman named Ralph.

What have I gotten myself into?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home